Dr. Peteru M'suega Inunduh
MB.BS, FWACS, FICS, FCAI, FSCa. Cert in Palliative Care (IHPCA Uganda)
Born on 10th May, 1960, to Inunduh Ungbian Abar of Mbamtsar, Mbagena, Kpav of Michihi Ward in Katsina – Ala Local Government Area and Akem Jor of Mbaav, Turan, Mbadura Ward of Kwande Local Government Area, all in Benue State, Nigeria.
He had his Primary School at Bonny Government School, Bonny Island in Rivers State, State School Ahoada, Rivers State, Muhammadu Nya and Muhammadu Tukur Primary Schools Jalingo in Taraba State.
He attended Government Secondary School, Zing in Taraba State between 1977 – 1982. He proceeded to the College of Preliminary Studies (CPS), Yola between 1982 – 1984 for his IJMB.
He attended the University of Maiduguri between 1985 and 1990 where he graduated with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB, BS).
He did his Internship at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH) between 1990 and 1991.
Thereafter, he continued to work at the same Teaching Hospital in Surgery Department from 1991 – 1995.
He joined the services of NKST Hospital Zaki-Biam where he worked between 1995 – 1999 rising to the position of Medical Superintendent.
From September 1999, he moved over to join the services of Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi as a Registrar in Surgery and was promoted to Senior Registrar in Surgery after passing his Part I Fellowship Examination of the West African College of Surgeons.
In December, 2006 He moved over to the Surgery Department of Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) to continue his Postgraduate training in Surgery.
He was appointed a Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) in April, 2009, after passing his Part II Final Examinations.
He was appointed a Consultant Surgeon in Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi in April, 2009.
He has served the Federal Medical Centre Makurdi in various capacities viz: Registrar in Surgery, Senior Registrar, Consultant Surgeon, Head of Clinical Services for two terms and became the Ag. Medical Director from 1st July, 2014.
He was appointed the substantive Medical Director for Federal Medical Centre Makurdi on 16th March, 2015 and also reappointed for a second tenure on 16th March, 2019.
During his first four(4) years as MD/CEO at FMC Makurdi, Dr. Inunduh amongst other things established/equipped:
- Endoscopy Unit
- CT Scan Unit
- Dialysis Unit
- Hormonal Assay Unit and
- Benue Biomedical Journal to promote research.
He established The Royal Medical Centre Zaki- Biam where he was the Medical Director/CEO in 1999.
He also established “Healing Hands Specialist Hospital” Makurdi in 2008.
He along with his friend Dr. Ortese established Vision Hospital Makurdi in 2006.
He served as a visiting Consultant Surgeon to over 20 Clinics across Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa State.
Dr. Inunduh also attended the Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care in Africa, (IHPCA) Kampala, Uganda in 2012 where he bagged a Certificate in Palliative Care (CPC).
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS),
- Fellow of Corporate Administrators Institute (FCAI)
- Fellow of the Society for communication and administration (FSCa),
- Fellow of Institute for Health Insurance and Managed Care of Nigeria,
- Member, Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Nigeria (HPCAN),
- Member, African Palliative Care Association (APCA).
- Member, European Association of Palliative Care, (Eapc).
- Member, International Associations of Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC).
Dr. Inunduh is also a Member, National Health Research Ethics Committee (NHREC), Member, Benue State Primary Care Board and Patron “Hope for the Orphan” an NGO based in Jinja, Eastern Uganda.
- House Captain, Government Secondary School, Zing, Taraba State
- Student Council President, Government Secondary School, Zing, Taraba State.
- Member, Students Representative Assembly, College of Preliminary Studies, Yola Adamawa State 1984
- President, University of Maiduguri Medical Students Association 1987
- Vice President, Nigeria Medical Students Association 1987
- Delegate to the 37th General Assembly of the International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA) Topo, Badagry 1987.
- He was Medical Supretendant, NKST Hospital Zaki-Biam, Benue State 1988-1999.
- Member of the 3rd, 4th and 5th Board of Management of Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi, Benue State etc.
He is also an Examiner in Surgery at the West African College of Surgeons.
He is visiting lecturer in Surgery at the Benue State University, Makurdi. He has attended several local and international conferences and also published several articles in both local and international journals.
- ARD, FMC Makurdi – Award of “Distinguished Professional Academic Excellence” 20-01-2010.
- NMA Benue State Branch – Award of “Professional Excellence/Accomplishment” 20-07-2013.
- Board of West African Society for Communication and Administration – Award as “Fellow of Society for Communication and Administration (FSCa)”. 2012.
- KPAV Development Association (KPADA) – Award of “Honour”.
- Zing Old Student’s Association (ZOSA) – Award for “Professional Excellence and Service to Humanity”.
- VIPER COMMUNICATIONS University of Maiduguri – Award of “Meritorious Service to Humanity”.
- Award of “Distinguished Friends of Nurses” (FMC Makurdi Nurses).
- ARD -Award of Excellence for “Your Dedication and Commitment to Residency Training in Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi”.
- Ugondo Development Association, Makurdi Local Government Area Award of “Excellence for the Demonstration of Outstanding Community Service and for Meritorious Contribution to the Human Development of Ugondo People”. 20-12-14.
- Community of Tiv Students (CTS) – Merit Award “In Recognition of your Medical Service”. 04-12-14.
- National Association of Sankera Students (NASS) – Prestigious Merit Award “In Recognition of Your Excellence in Medical Profession” 23-12-2014.
- Katsina-Ala Diocesan Council of Catholic Women Organization (KDCCWO) Award of Honour as “Committed Son”.
- National Association of Ukum Students Award of “Excellence Performance IN Civil Service and Administration”.
- Community Health Practitioners (FMC, Makurdi) Award of “Honour”.
- African Students Parliament Award.
- The League of African Development Students Award.
- Star Rays International Communications Award as “Role Model Leadership Gold” 2018.
- Coalition of Democratic Students Award Icon of “Medical Renaissance”.
- School of Nursing Award 2018 for “Development Assistance”.
- Award of Excellence by the “Coalition of Civil Societies and Journalists in Nigeria” 2019.
- Award of “Progressive Tiv Man” by Tiv Youth Council Nationwide (TYCN).
- Ahmadu Bello Sarduana Sokoto Platinum Leadership Awards “Garkuwar Matassan Arewa’’ by Northern Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN).
- Award Of Excellence by National Union of Benue State Students (NUBESS) Benue State University Chapter.
He is happily married to Ms. Bessie Ladi Kalu from Enugu State and they are blessed with lovely children.